It’s the weekend, the sun is shining and we can’t help but think about barbecues, patios, and summer time hang outs!!
We’ve listed just a few of the many reasons why Summer is our favourite season:
- The longer days of sunshine means everyone has more time to enjoy life and less need to rush around.
- Everyone looks happier.
- Vitamin D does wonders for the body; enhances your immune system and helps to maintain a health body weight.
- The colourful selection of fresh fruit and vegetables at Farmer’s Markets and local grocery stores.
- Chance to reconnect with old friends over brunch, dinner, or some drinks. I mean, who can say no to Happy Hour?
- It’s easier to drive around the city during cottage season because so many people leave to enjoy some sun, nature, and beer by a lake.
- Catalyst for major life changes; moving into a new place or even to a different city/country/continent, working out, meet someone special, career changes, engagements, etc.
- Those divine days where you get to be lazy by a pool or at the beach.
- Ordering an Iced Capp from Tim Hortons always makes sense.
- Tons of music festivals, concerts, street festivals, theatre, and outdoor movies to check out.
- Sun kissed tan, but remember to use a moisturizer with SPF!
- Those weeks where you use the barbecue to cook your dinner every night of the week.
- Ice cream, enough said.
- Less layers to wear in the Summer makes it easy to just run out the door and shopping is a lot easier without all that bulk.
- Drinking a beer on the patio.
- All-inclusive vacation billboards and commercials don’t affect you like they did during those dark, cold Winter months.
- Having fun exercising outdoors; running, biking, basketball, baseball, soccer, volleyball, etc.