Spring 2014, has been a bit crazy. I underwent a few big life changes, all of which came with their own stresses, but at the end of it all they’ve triggered the beginning of some really positive life changes.
Sometimes you need to get your ass kicked to get off of it.
1) After 6 years at the same agency, I was offered an outstanding opportunity at JWT Toronto. I took it & it’s been a whirl wind during my first 3 months. The work is challenging, the people are great & I’m starting to get settled in.
2) I went to New York! A last minute trip to New York was just part of the general craziness of the past 3 months, but it was an awesome opportunity. It was my first trip to New York, a short one at that, but it just served to remind me that there IS a positive side to every experience.
3) I moved. There have been some …. challenges with the move. A month in & we’re still not settled in because of ongoing “communication challenges” with the landlord. The location is great & we have a backyard, but boy does Toronto needs to finally set some laws that will protect tenants from the bullshit we deal with in this city.
4) I moved in with Klara! Klara, is the other K in the Kollektive blog & living together should mean we have plenty of free time to devote to this blog.
5) I committed to a major life goal & set an aggressive timeline. It basically is “figure your shit out.”